Fantasy Draft Madden Sim League 08
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Madden sim league, based off of a fantasy draft

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spygate

Spygate

Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1 Empty
PostSubject: Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1   Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Question [Spygate] - Orange
Response [VHawk] - Light Blue

Welcome to the inaugural interview of the new season on NFL Total Acces. Spygate here, with Lions General Manager; VHawk413. Thanks for taking the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------

1.You just pulled off a massive 10 player deal with the Giants to in turn, land Super Bowl Quarterback Peyton Manning. How did this deal come about?

I was looking for a QB to go with my great passing game and saw him on the block. The QB I was originally looking for I figured would be about a 92, but when I saw Peyton was on the block, I had to have him.

2.How did you feel when it was accepted and officially through the voting process?

I felt great. The Vikings and I had both built about the same and he picked up the young stud Adrian Peterson so I needed to make a move to match, or be better than his deal, and IMO my deal is better.

3.When Manning came over, most thought that he would form a real connection with Larry Fitzgerald. However, Larry was just traded; tell me why you made such a move - and how it benefits you?

I was asked the price on him, and I told the Falcons that I needed to be overcompensated in order to trade Fitzgerald, and he came out and offered Javon Walker and a 1st and 2nd round picks. Fitzgerald is a young stud, but those picks can be used to help improve the defense to slow down other teams. Plus with Manning at the helm, any WR can put up numbers

4.RB Michael Turner is rumored to be on the trading block - any validity to this? If yes, why is it so?

He was on the block. I wanted to upgrade my RB to have a more rounded offense, but I decided to stick with him and try to upgrade my defense instead. If a good offer comes around, I would trade him, but not totally looking to trade him anymore.

5.People have been questioning your Offensive Line heading into the season, saying there nothing that sticks out about, nor is there anything get excited about - any comments?

My OL may not be the greatest, but Manning can read a defense better than any QB out there. He can work with the OL to make sure they have the right protection scheme going to give him enough time to find someone. With Gates at TE and running 3 WR sets a lot, teams won't be able to blitz too often anyways.

6.Your current situation at Left End has seemed to be a question mark as to who will start opposite of Trent Cole. Any inside scoop on who the front runner is?

I have an offer out there that would sure up that question. But if it is not accepted, I would be more than happy to go into the season with Chris Canty there. The two young DE's, both 24, should be able to grow together.

7.With a plethora of Linebackers, including two very good ones in EJ Henderson and Dan Morgan, do you plan on running some 3-4 at all this year?

I am planning on running a 3-4. That was my thinking during the draft. There were more quality MLB's left than DT's and I feel having 4 LB's out there would help my D. The extra speed should help to slow down offenses.

8.With some youth in your secondary, do you think your pass defense will struggle at all this year?

I think running a 3-4 and getting help from an extra LB, my secondary will be fine. I don't need to completely stop teams to win, I just need to slow them down. I should be able to score almost at will against teams. I am also looking to upgrade my secondary.

9.Do you plan on making anymore blockbuster acquisitions before the season begins?

I have a very big offer out there right now. Can't break any details. But those extra picks I got in the Larry Fitzgerald trade, should help to improve the D a little.

10.Is this team going to win the super bowl this season - or are you still a year away?

I am not going to predict a SB. 32 teams out there and only 1 can win it. But I do think I have a good shot. I have a very good leader at my QB position who has SB experience and should help the team

Thanks.

Last edited by Spygate on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pathtothenfldraft.blogspot.com
Lance (Vhawk413)
Admin
Lance (Vhawk413)

PostSubject: Re: Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1   Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Quote :
9.Do you plan on making anymore blockbuster acquisitions before the season begins?

I have a very big offer out there right now. Can't break any details. But those extra picks I got in the Larry Fitzgerald trade, should help to improve the D a little.

Just posted another one lol. Bringing in another young stud WR to my staff, if it passes, which it should, in Wes Welker.

Have fun NFC Central DB's stopping my 3 WR/1 TE sets of Walker, Driver, Welker Gates
Back to top Go down
https://fdmsl08.forummotion.com
Spygate

Spygate

PostSubject: Re: Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1   Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Lance (Vhawk413) wrote:
Quote :

Just posted another one lol. Bringing in another young stud WR to my staff, if it passes, which it should, in Wes Welker.

Have fun NFC Central DB's stopping my 3 WR/1 TE sets of Walker, Driver, Welker Gates

I think you mean NFC North. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.pathtothenfldraft.blogspot.com
Lance (Vhawk413)
Admin
Lance (Vhawk413)

PostSubject: Re: Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1   Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Spygate wrote:
Lance (Vhawk413) wrote:
Quote :

I think you mean NFC North. lol

Yeah mixing baseball and football up. Twins in Central, Vikings in NFC
Back to top Go down
https://fdmsl08.forummotion.com
Wendell (AllMadden)

Wendell (AllMadden)

PostSubject: Re: Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1   Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Yah! I was mentioned early on as important.

Haha, this thing has kinda turned into a Lions vs. Vikings battle on this forum.

Oh and as for the NFC North DB's :

Chris McAllister 97
Roderick Hood 86
Ken Lucas 84

and for the TE:
ROLB Ian Gold 91
and
SS Benard Pollard 86

Let's get it on!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellz-bellz

Hellz-bellz

PostSubject: Re: Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1   Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:56 pm

you should interview me next lol, the other side on the peyton manning trade
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1   Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Total Acces: July 8th - Lions / Segment 1
Page 1 of 1